- • 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- • 1 cup chopped onions
- • 1 cup chopped celery
- • 1 cup chopped carrots
- • 2 - 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- • 2 - 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- • 2 - 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- • 1 cup frozen corn
- • 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- • 1 tsp. ground cumin
- • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Toppings & Sides
- Shredded cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, tortilla chips, cornbread
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef or turkey until most of the meat is browned and just a few Add the garlic, onions, celery and carrots and cook until they begin to soften and the meat is completely browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to your crockpot.
- Add the kidney beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste.
- Stir to combine then cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
[button url=”http://www.pinterest.com/byudates/table-for-two/” target=”e.g. _blank or _self” style=”red” size=”large”] Follow us on Pinterest[/button]
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.