- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 bag miniature chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Hand mixer
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Ice cream Scoop
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs individually, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture gradually. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for ten minutes, or until slightly browned. You don’t want the cookies to be too crisp otherwise they will crumble when you make the sandwiches.
- Cool cookies on a rack.
- Once cookies are cool, place them in a plastic bag and refrigerate an hour or so before you want to assemble sandwiches.
- Take ice cream out of freezer five to ten minutes before you want to create the sandwiches so it can unthaw a little.
- Once ice cream is malleable, remove frozen cookies from freezer and lay out two rows of ten cookies that are paired to be similar in size.
- Scoop ice cream onto one cookie then lightly press the top cookie into the ice cream.
- If you want to add extra chocolate, clean a section of your counter and then pour the bag of miniature chocolate chips onto it and space them out.
- Roll the sandwich on its side into the chips and add extras with your hands if they don’t stick.
- If you want the sandwiches to be less messy when you serve them, stick them in the freezer until it’s time to eat.
Makes around 20 small sandwiches
[button url=”http://www.pinterest.com/byudates/table-for-two/” target=”e.g. _blank or _self” style=”red” size=”large”] Follow us on Pinterest[/button]
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.