- • 1½ lbs. chicken breasts
- • 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- • 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- • ½ lb. (8 oz.) frozen corn
- • 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- • ½ Tbsp. cumin
- • ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- • ½ tsp. dried oregano
- • ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- • ¼ tsp. salt
- • to taste cracked pepper
- • 2 cups dry rice
- • 8 oz. shredded cheddar
- • ½ bunch cilantro (optional)
- Add everything except the rice, cheese, and cilantro to the slow cooker along with ¼ cup of water (for good measure). Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hrs.
- Near the end of the cooking time, cook the two cups of rice according to the package directions (Bring the rice and 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot with a lid in place, as soon as it reaches a boil, reduced the heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving).
- After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Stir with a fork to shred the chicken (it should be super tender and will shred easily). Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
Makes 9 servings
[button url=”http://www.pinterest.com/byudates/table-for-two/” target=”e.g. _blank or _self” style=”red” size=”large”] Follow us on Pinterest[/button]
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.