First dates are the perfect opportunity to get to know someone’s personality and better understand why that person is the way they are. Even when you don’t have much in common on the surface, good conversations starters can turn a long awkward silence into a memorable and meaningful discussion.
Here are 16 conversation ideas to help you get the ball rolling:
- Do you have a job?
- What do you do?
- How often do you work?
- Do you like your current job or not? Why?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What kind of music do you like? Why?
- Who’s your favorite music artist?
- Have you been to any concerts lately?
- What are your short-term goals? Long-term?
- What are you doing to accomplish those goals?
- Where is your favorite place that you’ve been?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite international culture and why?
- How many states and countries have you been to? Which of those would you go back to?
- How many people are in your family?
- Who are you closest to?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Talents & Skills
- What special talents or skills do you pursue?
- How did you acquire them?
- Are there any skills you wish had?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
- What’s your favorite type of movie?
- Would you rather watch a movie in a theater or at home?
- What’s a pet peeve of yours? Why?
- Who would you consider a hero in your life? Why?
- What do you think makes someone a hero?
- If you tell me your most embarrassing story, I promise I’ll laugh with you–not at you.
- How often do you keep up with the news?
- What’s a current event that has peaked your interest?
Education & School
- Are you currently in school?
- What are you studying?
- What made you decide on that major?
- What are your educational goals and aspirations?
- Why is getting an education important to you?
- Are there any projects you want to start working on?
- Is there anything that you have started working on recently?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Did you grow up playing sports or playing instruments?
- What’s the funniest thing you ever did as a kid?
- What do you miss the most about being a kid?
- Did you stay in one place growing up, or did you move a lot?
- Is there a certain spot that was special to you?
- Do you prefer books or movies?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you have a favorite book?
- How often do you read?
- What was the last book you read?
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.